Last week, I went in for my 6 weeks check-up and everything looks good. I've already lost 35 pounds of the weight I gained during pregnancy. If I could just lose 10-15 more, I would be thinner than ever! I know, though, that this may not last. I've been expending a lot of calories with my marathon breastfeeding sessions, and the weight has flown off as a result. As things get even more relaxed, I'm sure the weight loss will slow down or reverse as well. I'm just enjoying the fast metabolism while it lasts. It's not something I've experienced often in life.
During the check up, I told my doctor I almost regretted my decision to have Tai without an epidural because it was so hard. Half jokingly, I said, "Why didn't you talk me into a c-section?" To which he replied, "Are you kidding? How could you go from wanting a natural childbirth to a c-section? That's not like you!" I agreed that he had a point. A c-section would have have come with a difficult recovery and many more problems. In the end, I think I'm at peace with how everything happened, though if I have another baby someday, I'm checking how big they are before signing myself up for a natural birth again! But it's funny how nature makes you forget, and I'm already starting to forget some of the anguish I experienced.
On that note, here are some pictures:
During the check up, I told my doctor I almost regretted my decision to have Tai without an epidural because it was so hard. Half jokingly, I said, "Why didn't you talk me into a c-section?" To which he replied, "Are you kidding? How could you go from wanting a natural childbirth to a c-section? That's not like you!" I agreed that he had a point. A c-section would have have come with a difficult recovery and many more problems. In the end, I think I'm at peace with how everything happened, though if I have another baby someday, I'm checking how big they are before signing myself up for a natural birth again! But it's funny how nature makes you forget, and I'm already starting to forget some of the anguish I experienced.
On that note, here are some pictures:
2 comments:
I am so glad you had April there to help you! I like those photos, they look very real, not like those glossy birth images you always see.
Is Maia wearing trousers in that photo? :-)
Post a Comment