Wow, April has only two days left, and I haven't posted any entries yet. This is not good. I have definitely fallen away from my blogging routine. There is so much to say, and yet I find that I can't summarize it well enough for a coherent post. I'll do my best.
Roula Update: I went to the doctor's and though I am otherwise healthy, my thyroid is acting up again. I guess I shouldn't say again, because it's been this way for over a decade. After Tai was born, I stopped taking my medication. I would usually forget, and I felt fine, so I thought perhaps my hypothyroidism had cured itself. Alas, 15 months later, I am not feeling so great, and the blood test results came back way above normal range, so I am taking my medicine again.
I know, I need to take care of myself! I'm working on it...
Yoshi Update: Yoshi is doing great and enjoying his garden. We are excited to eat some home-grown vegetables this year. He is still hoping to win the lottery one of these days:)
Maia Update: She is still her spunky little self. Last week she went to her Kindergarten screening and did very well. We are so proud of her! She really wants a pet, but we are not ready to take that step yet. Both Yoshi and I are still sad about our Psipsina, and the thought of caring so much about another pet and going through the pain of losing them is too much to handle. Perhaps we will change our minds in a couple of years.
Tai Update: Our little man is doing great. He is running around and LOVES being outside. He also enjoys playing with other kids, particularly his sister and boys. It's so strange to see how he identifies with other boys already, and it is very sweet. One thing he does not do much of is talk. As a matter of fact, he talks so little that I was really concerned for a while that he had some sort of speech delay. Our pediatrician said to give it a couple more months before being concerned, and he seems to be improving already.
The thing I'm realizing is that he CAN talk, but he is just not a big talker. Most of the time, I have to ask him, can you say ______? He sometimes surprises me and repeats what I said, but he does not usually initiate. So, I am officially not worrying about it anymore. Apparently, he is a typical man in training?
1 comment:
I had some of the same fears about my own son's speech. He just doesn't say much at all. However, he seems to be slowly picking things up, so like you I have decided not to worry. Maybe it is a trait of boys.
Post a Comment