Yesterday, Tai and I were involved in an accident. We were heading home from the gym to hang out for a couple of minutes before it would be time to pick up Maia from preschool. As I was waiting to turn left onto my street, a car rear-ended us. It seems she tried to avoid the collision at the last second, so most of the damage is on the right side of my car.
I was surprised to see that she was also a mom and had a little boy just a bit older than Tai in the car. Immediately, my sympathy went out to her. Though I am pretty vigilant in my driving habits, I've had moments when I should have been paying more attention to the road than the kids. It's hard not to when you have small children. Thankfully, I've been lucky so far and have not caused an accident in many years. We won't talk about my younger days!
So begins the red-tape that ensues when one is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Police report. Insurance agency. Car repair. Deductible. Reimbursement. A hassle to say the least.
Even in this situation, I find some positives. Thankfully, no one was injured. The woman who hit me was responsible and had insurance. She was not some dead-beat who fled the scene or tried to avoid accepting responsibility.
I would rather not have had an accident, but since it was my turn to have some unfortunate luck, I'm glad that it didn't turn out worse.
1 comment:
all your "mark" incidents.
Post a Comment