Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Most Exciting Weekend of the Year

June has been fairly low-key for us. We've been enjoying the summer and trying to stay out of trouble. This weekend, however, is going to be HUGE.

On Saturday, Yoshi's parents are arriving for a 10 day stay. Maia is overjoyed, and we are all looking forward to seeing them and spending some time together.

On Sunday, we are hosting Maia's 5th birthday party! Most of you know how worked up I get about entertaining, so needless to say we have a lot going on in the cleaning/organizing/planning department.

I have just a few goals for the party:

1) I will have time to put on decent clothes and make-up.

2) I will not be running around like a crazy lady when the guests arrive.

3) I will actually ENJOY talking to everyone and the entertaining aspect of the
party rather than running around like the crazy lady mentioned above.

4) OF COURSE, the guests will all enjoy themselves!

5) Yoshi's parents will get to meet our friends and enjoy the party as well!

6) Maia will have a happy memory of her party.

To help with the above items, I've asked a local teenager who was advertising babysitting services in the newspaper to come and help us. Hopefully, this will free up Yoshi to focus on the more "entertaining" aspects of the party as well. The theme of the party is "Let's Get Messy," and I'm anticipating it will be a blast.

Then again, the weather forecast is 92 degrees and rainy, so we may all be stuck inside the house. If that happens, well... Realistically, the party won't be as amazing if it is held inside, but we can certainly try! If everyone has a good time, and I don't have a nervous breakdown, it will be a success!

Okay, must go, Tai has found Yoshi's golf clubs!

No comments: