Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Japanese Summer Camp

This post is a little late, given my blogging hiatus, but I thought it would be nice to show you some pictures of the summer camp Maia attended at her language school last summer. 


This is Tai's funny face.  I think I told him to smile, and this is what I got!

=
The children all love this particular play structure, as you can see in this photo.

The children all outside with Noriko-Sensei, their amazing teacher. 

Noriko-Sensei says, "This kimono is tight!"

Tai did not really attend the camp, but he's very much a part of the action.

The children did a little performance for the parents.

This little girl's mom is Japanese, so she's pretty fluent.

Maia clearly enjoys the spotlight.

Noriko-Sensei is great with the kids and makes everything fun!

Tai happily watches the older kids.

They are all so adorable.

A traditional Japanese tea ceremony

Noriko-Sensei explains what is going on the audience.

Everyone gets to try the tea!

Maia was brave!

Hmmm.... Not bad?

Throughout the week, the kids made things to sell to parents at an outdoor sale.  They included wind chimes, bookmarks, and origami.  They look enthusiastic, don't they?


Everyone surprised Maia with cupcakes for her birthday.  Since her birthday falls during the summer, this was HUGE for her.   She's never had any kind of school celebration.

A very happy Maiachan!

No comments: