Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can you sense the excitement?

I love Maia's face in this picture. On the first day of pre-school, she could not wait to get into the car and GO. The backpack makes it official. She is a big girl now.

I had big plans for all the things I would get done during my 2.5 hours of freedom. I envisioned myself going shopping or cleaning the entire house, but I ended up catching up on my DVR'd episodes of Oprah and sipping coffee on the couch. Hey, sometimes a girl needs her down-time! I was definitely feeling refreshed and perky when it was time to pick her up.

Today is her second day of school, and she was a little less enthousiastic about stopping what she was doing and getting dressed, but she was still happy to go. I packed a picnic lunch for us to eat at Cox Arboretum after I pick her up. Hopefully it won't be too hot out!

1 comment:

Cookie said...

I. love. this. picture! It's priceless. J. said he couldn't figure out if Maia looks excited or scared. Haha. She looks ecstatic to me.