Today was Maia's first day of pre-school. The day started around 6:30 when she woke up and stripped off her clothes in an attempt to get herself dressed. I assured her that we had plenty of time and that she had better eat breakfast before getting dressed lest she get some food on her outfit for school.
When we arrived, I was escorting Maia into the building when she dropped my hand and said,"I can go in by myself." The moment was definitely bitter-sweet for me. While I was glad I didn't have a sad little girl on my hands, I would have liked for her to miss me at least a little.
It went so well that I found myself wishing we had enrolled her in a three or five day program instead of just two days a week. Next year we will definitely look into that!
1 comment:
Nice red car. I miss mine. hee hee. Glad to hear you had some time to yourself to hang out and sip coffee. I probably be sleeping. :-)
Post a Comment