It appears that our little boy is not interested in arriving on his due date like his big sister. It is Sunday evening, and still no sign of him. I am hanging in, but finding life as a woman who could go into labor at any minute a bit tiresome.
Things that would be completely normal, like going to Target alone when it is snowing are now forbidden by my concerned husband. I guess there is the danger of going into labor while stuck in traffic or something, but I hate feeling like an invalid.
Today I stayed in my pajamas all day despite the fact that two neighbors came by to visit. I also had a nice long nap. Poor Maia is sick with a cold and has a temperature, so she was awake coughing last night. I didn't get to sleep very well either, so the nap was a good opportunity to catch up on some rest.
Tomorrow Yoshi will be at work, and I have an exciting agenda planned: visit my neighbor who bakes the most amazing cinnamon rolls (she has promised me some), go to Target, and possible take Maia to the doctor's. If she is feeling better, we may even go grocery shopping. Yes, I know all of this is absolutely titillating. Let's hope the weather cooperates.
On a more serious note, I'm really worried about Maia's cold not being gone by the time the baby comes. It's going to be impossible to keep her from touching and holding him, and colds in infants are a frightening thing. Hopefully the doctor will have some insight tomorrow.
Apologies for the boring nature of this post! I guess all I can say is that boring updates are better than no updates at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment