Friday, May 29, 2009

sick

After our exciting weekend in Cleveland attending our friend Tina's wedding and visiting my brother in the hospital, we all came down with illnesses. Everyone is now recovering, though it is taking longer than I would like.

Tai got a virus that gave him all the classic cold symptoms plus a fever. Maia had some sort of 24 hour intestinal bug. I woke up with the worst sore throat I've ever had, and Yoshi was spared and just had a cough for a couple of days. It was terrible!

Right now it seems that everyone is better, but my throat is still not so good. It hurts the most at night, to the extent that I can't swallow, but gets better during the day. I went to the doctor, but was told that it was a virus and would just take time to get over. I'm not used to needing this much time to heal. I guess getting enough sleep would help. Hopefully now that Tai is feeling better, he won't be waking us up as often during the night.

I'll post more when I'm healthier:)

1 comment:

Brownie said...

I hear you. I've been sick with this horrible head cold since Thursday and each day it has gotten progressively worse, not better. God forbid if it's swine flu :-o