Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Flowers

Among my wonderful husbands many talents, gardening is one that has always made me so happy. Yes, I would like to garden as well, theoretically, but somehow I lose my motivation right around the time the plants need to be taken care of on a daily basis.

Yoshi, on the other hand, seems to enjoy communing with the plants. In the summer, the first thing he does upon waking up is go outside and tend to the garden. Maia often follows him out and together they note the progress the flowers have made overnight. It's a very sweet ritual, and one that I enjoy being a part of, though it's usually after I've had my cup of coffee.

This year, Yoshi is in Japan during the first few days of Spring, so he is missing the crocuses which bring joy to him every year.


So soon after the long winter, they are bringing much joy to me and the children as well!



I think Maia and Tai have inherited Yoshi's penchant for gardening!

We are looking forward to Daddy's safe return on Monday. In the meantime, we will continue to tend the garden.

1 comment:

ACE said...

The kids gardening are very sweet. My mom loves gardening as well and I loved helping her as a kid. Even now, we don't have a yard but I love seeing our indoor plants grow and bloom.