Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Pumpkin Pie

We tried making pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year. It was a lot of fun, though no one in our family really likes it. I guess since we couldn't go to Cleveland for our traditional holiday feast, I wanted to recreate it as closely as I could. The result: A delicious pumpkin pie that we all ate a bit of, and then remembered we were not really pumpkin pie fans! Maybe next year we will make a less tradional dessert that we will enjoy a bit more! Not to mention, making the pie provided plenty of photo opportunities for Maia.


Getting ready to make our pie.

Maia loves helping out in the kitchen. Too bad she can't chop yet!


She has been very efficient at blending/mixing things. Pretty soon, she won't even need my help in the kitchen.

Sorry, no pictures of the finished product! I suppose I could pull what is left out of the fridge and photograph it, but it probably won't look as appetizing a week later!

1 comment:

ACE said...

I love Maia's outfit. The purple shirt looks great on her. I can't believe you guys don't like pumpkin pie! That's blasphemous.